In January, 1943, St. George’s on-the-Hill, Islington, began a Church School in Sunnylea School. Within a year the new parish of St. George’s Sunnylea Mission was formed, later to be renamed All Saints Church, Kingsway. Their first service was held in Sunnylea School on Sunday, January 16, 1944.
On August 1, 1944, upon the invitation of the Rt. Rev. A.R. Beverley, Suffragan Bishop of Toronto, the Rev. Arnold Wilkinson became All Saints’ first Priest-in-Charge.
Sunnylea School remained the home for All Saints for the next three years.
With great anticipation the building of the church began. Bishop Beverley turned the sod to commence the building on March 1, 1947. Shortly after, on Wednesday, October 8, 1947, at 8:00 pm, the first service was held in the basement of All Saints Church, Kingsway. Later, on April 14, 1951, Bishop Beverley, laid the corner stone. Then on May 15, 1952, with more than 1000 people present, Bishop Beverley conducted the Service of Dedication for the Nave and Chancel.
May 2, 1957 marked the completion and dedication of the church. A new Casavant organ was installed and dedicated on October 6, 1960. Again, Bishop Wilkinson conducted the dedication.
On September 7, 1966, the church was gutted by fire. Immediately the whole congregation united to restore the building. On September 7, 1967, the restored church was dedicated by the Bishop of Toronto, Bishop George Snell.
By our 25th Anniversary on January 16, 1969, the church, free of debt, was consecrated by Bishop Snell.
In celebration of our 50th Anniversary, the ACW presented a new Dossal Curtain and Special Festivals Markers, designed and created by artist Elizabeth Taylor of London, Ontario. These were dedicated on January 16, 1994.
Our Parish has now existed under six bishops: Archbishop Derwyn Owen, Bishop A. Ray Beverley, Bishop Frederick H. Wilkinson, Bishop George B. Snell, Archbishop Lewis Garnsworthy, Bishop Terence Finlay, Bishop Colin Johnson, and more recently, our Area Bishops, Bishop Basil Tonks, Bishop Joachim Fricker, Bishop Victoria Matthews, Bishop Ann Tottenham and Bishop Philip Poole.
All Saints Church, Kingsway was the first church extension parish after World War II and has become a strong parish of dedicated people. Archdeacon Wilkinson retired in June 1984, and was succeeded by The Rev. Thomas M. Greene, who was inducted as the second Rector of All Saints Church, Kingsway on February 17, 1985.
In October, 1992, The Rev. Tom Greene accepted an appointment as Rector of St. George’s Anglican Church, Guelph, Ontario and was succeeded by the Rev. Timothy Foley, who was inducted as the third Rector of All Saints Church, Kingsway on June 7, 1993.
The Reverend Canon Timothy Foley retired in July 2005 (his last service was June 26, 2005). All Saints had a series of interim Priests, through 2005-2006 with The Rev. Dr. Michael Lloyd fulfilling his duties as Associate Priest.
The Reverend Canon Andrew Sheldon began at All Saints on August 1st, 2006 and was inducted as the fourth Rector on Sunday, September 17th, 2006.