Highlights of Music at All Saints Kingsway
Striving for Excellence and enjoying every moment in between…….
All Saints is blessed with a dedicated choir that supports the liturgical happenings within the parish and Kingsway community. There are various musical expressions that occur at All Saints in both worship and performance.
The ASK choir has earned a distinguished reputation throughout Canada having performed with groups such as the Amadeus Choir of Toronto under the direction of Lydia Adams, The True North Brass, The Trillium Brass Quintet, The Cathedral Bluff Symphony Orchestra and the Megaron Choir of Slovenia.
The choir annually sings with Orchestra or Brass Ensemble at Christmas and Easter and has presented works such as the Durufle Requiem, From Darkness to Light (Ruth Watson-Henderson), Requiem: Eternal Light (Howard Goodall), Handel’s Messiah, Gloria (Mark Hayes), Stabat Mater, and Requiem (Karl Jenkins) and Paul Halley’s majestic ‘Letter to Giocondo’.
The Choir has performed world commissions by Paul Halley, Ruth Watson Henderson and Mark Himmelman.
Other music highlights…
- 2009 3 manual 52 rank Casavant pipe organ
- Annual Concert series
- Various choral settings of the Eucharist and Matins services — both traditional and contemporary
- Combined choirs and orchestras on special occasions
- Concerts by the Salvation Army Band and others
- Unique Advent and Christmas Carol music
- Community out Reach Concerts – Carolling in the Kingsway
- Lent and Holy Week musical presentations
- Opportunities for Children’s musical expressions
- Youthful Everybody Upstairs services highlight Children and Music
For more information about our musical programs please contact the Director of Music.